Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation Email Update Required
To ensure EIPS continues to comply with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, we require parents/guardians to subscribe/unsubscribe for emails as of February 15, 2017. These include routine emails from your school or the Division about events, activities, etc. You will continue to receive emergency messages and school fee-related information. Visit www.eips.ca/contact/synrevoice to subscribe/unsubscribe by March 1.
Welcome to Our School!
Welcome to Fort Saskatchewan Elementary School. We hope that you enjoy our website and visit us often.
Our school newsletter is posted the first week of each month. It contains information on all the events, activities and links that are important for parents. Please read it by clicking on the link on the left side of the home page.
Please Join Us for the Kairos Blanket Exercise
On March 16 we invite the FSE parent community to join us for "The Blanket Exercise". It is an educational experience aimed to raise the awareness and understanding of the nation to nation relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Canada.
Date: March 16, 2017
Time: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. (approx.)
Place: Fort Saskatchewan Elementary Library
If you are interested in joining us for this incredible experience, please call or email Sandra Sorochan at email@example.com and she will add your name to the list. We must have a minimum of 20 people to proceed with this. Trust me, you don't want to miss it!
Hair Massacure 2017!
Over the next month you may notice a number of students and a few staff who have either dyed their hair totally pink or have chosen to go with only a few streaks. All of this pink hair is in support of the 2017 Hair Massacure. Thanks to the six brave students who initiated this campaign at Fort Elementary; Gavin, Max, Reid, Tristan, Kalvin and Chase. A few more students have joined in and I'm sure there will be even more join in the next couple of weeks.
Here’s the Scoop – Top 10 things you need to know
10. …began as a family-run event, inspired by a four year-old leukemia patient.
9. …is a unique head-shaving event that encourages participants to honour the journey of sick children.
8. …welcomed over 2000 participants in 12 hours last year.
7. …is generously supported by 400 volunteers annually.
6. …collects 60 lbs of hair each year, to be made into wigs for local children.
5. …has hosted Edmonton professional sports teams including the Oilers, Eskimos, Rush, and FC Edmonton.
4. …has used over 10,000 bottles of pink to Paint the City over the past ten years.
3. …has a participant base predominantly made up of youth and families, making Hair Massacure a unique event.
2. …has raised over $11 million since 2003.
…and the number one fact you need to know about Hair Massacure is that we:
1. …support two outstanding local charities that help children and families with life-threatening medical conditions, the Stollery Children's Hospital and the Make a Wish, Northern Alberta Foundation.
If you would like to support these students and these two worthy charities you may drop off a donation in the office. Thank-you, in advance, for your support!
Hot Lunch Information and Order Form
Hot Lunch orders for Feb. - May are now available online for all orders so as to ensure accuracy with the orders and to make the process as easy for everyone as possible.
Here's how to get started...
- Go to www.fse.parentcouncil.net
- Click on "Click Here to Register"
- Enter Access Code FSE
- Complete the rest of the registration form. (Including your email address will ensure you receive reminder emails about hot lunch order deadlines, and your child's hot lunch order for the upcoming week)
- Click the "Register Now" button at the bottom
- Follow the instructions to add each child in your family who attends Fort Saskatchewan Elementary School
- Once your child(ren) are registered, click on "Order" and proceed to order.
Hot Lunch order form
Kindergarten Registration - 2017-2018
Kindergarten registration will begin 1 week later this year. We will be accepting registration forms on January 16, 2017. To register for Kindergarten in the 2017–2018 school year, your child must be five years old on or before December 31, 2017.
Every child enrolled in EIPS has a designated school. You can find your designated school by using our Versatrans e-Link® tool.
- Enter the User Name: guest and Password: guest, and click the Login button.
- Select a grade: choose the appropriate grade level for your child from the drop-down menu.
- Enter address information (tips for inputting your address):
Please note: Enter your physical address, using the information you would provide to emergency response personnel. A valid house number and street name/number are required to obtain information.
- Start the search:
Click on the Find School/Transportation Info button to display the designated school (your school of residence) for the grade level and address provided.
- If your house number and/or street name/number are not recognized, select the appropriate match from the drop-down menu, click Use Selected Match, and re-click the Find School/Transportation Info button.
- Complete another search.
Click on the Simple Search link and follow the steps above to find information for another grade level.
School Council and Other Updates
Our next Parent Council meeting is on Thursday, February 23, 2017. It will be held in the staffroom, starting at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome!
For more information go to the Parent Council page.
Check Out FSETV!!
Under the creative guidance of Mr. Gerwing, grade six students put on a News Show at least twice a month. We invite you to watch and enjoy!
School News View All
Students from EIPS and EICS Master the Art of Storytelling
Posted on Feb 23 2017
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 400 young artists and writers will have the opportunity to master the art of storytelling at the 28th annual Young Authors’ Conference this Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017, at F.R. Haythorne Junior High…
EIPS Students Take a Stand Against Bullying by Wearing Pink
Posted on Feb 21 2017
Sherwood Park, AB. — On Feb. 22, 2017, students and staff throughout Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) will show their support for welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments by wearing pink. Division wide, students…